Friday, July 25, 2014

Friday quickie

One of the odd things about living alone is that unless you are singing along to the radio, talking on the phone or talking back to the television, you don't often use your voice. That makes it doubly odd, when an hour after having had a phone conversation with a friend, you attempt to talk back to a silly talking head on a news show and find that you have no voice.

At all.

It's back, but a little bit strained and painful. Glands are swollen, throat hurts, and a mariachi band has set itself up in my head, not in a good way.

Topping things off, I didn't sleep much at all last night. I spent a good portion of the evening shivering under the covers, though I realized about 3 a.m. that I hadn't even turned on the fan I generally run through the night. My neck was all crinked up, mostly from trying to sleep curled up against (or possibly even on top of) the headboard.

Yes, it's going to be a challenging day. True, I only need to work half a day, but there are a couple of errands that must be run, and an appointment that has already been rescheduled. I can't die yet.

Dying will be the theme of the rest of the weekend, however. Lots of naps, marathons of old television shows, minimal cooking but lots of hot beverages.

See you on the other side.

No comments: