Sunday, April 21, 2013

A bit of a rest

Not my actual lunch bag. I wish it were.
For the tuna salad, so the mayo, mustard, onion, celery and pepper can learn to get along with one another. While the salad rests, so do I.

This is the usual late Sunday afternoon Making of the Lunches. MotL makes the mornings of the first three days of the week much easier to deal with, as almost everything is already parceled out and ready to grab and go.

The key to MotL is having enough smallish containers on hand. I'm partial to Lock & Lock, as they truly have a leak proof seal, and the seal holds its effectiveness after the containers have been through the dishwasher a few times.

No connection; I just hate leaky lunches.

This may seem like an inordinate amount of food, but I carry two snacks as well as lunch:

Fat free yogurt and a quarter cup of Fiber One (snack #1)

Salad stuff (lettuce, green pepper, grape tomatoes, 1/4 cup chow mein noodles, mushrooms for about three cups total)
1/2 cup tuna salad
Apple
1 ounce pretzels
(lunch)

Two graham crackers,2 tablespoons of peanut butter and a few mini carrots (snack #2)

I feel a bit like a pack mule carting all of this in to work. Breakfast is an egg sandwich and coffee, with some fruit if I've anything other than apples in the house.

The carb content from meal to snack to meal is balanced, which is the goal. The portions are controlled, which is wonderful. For all that I'm eating every couple of hours, I loose weight (another goal), my energy comes up (yay!) and I feel better over all.

But it means the MotL needs to eat up (pun intended) part of the last day of my weekend. MotL is repeated on Wednesday night, to include not only Thursday and Friday, but at least a plan for Saturday. The less I have to actively think about what to eat when I'm hungry, the better off I am.

Now it's just a matter of figuring out what to have for dinners this week...

No comments: